Online Account Opening
With Freedom’s online account opening, you get the convenience of opening a deposit account from your computer…and we have made the process easy! Before you begin, you may have a few questions, such as:
How do I qualify for membership?
You are eligible for membership if you live or work in Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin or Berkshire counties. To open an account online, you must be 18 years of age and be either a U.S. citizen or a U.S. resident alien. Once you become a credit union member, your family members can join, too! They are eligible based on your membership, no matter where they live or work.
What information will I need to fill out an application?
To complete your application, you will need three important pieces of information:
- A valid driver’s license, state-issued identification card, or U.S. Passport
- A U.S. Social Security Number
- Your previous home address (if you have lived at your current home address less than two years)
What kinds of accounts can I open?
You are able to open savings accounts, checking accounts and certificates of deposit. Here is a complete list of the products you can open online.
- Share Savings Account
Secondary Share Account
NOW Checking Account
Freedom NOW Checking Account
Share Certificates (terms from 6 months to 60 months)
Money Market Account
|Share Savings Account or Secondary Share||$25.00|
|NOW Checking Account||$15.00|
|Freedom NOW Checking Account||$2,500.00|
|Money Market Accounts||$2,000.00|
How can I fund the account?
To fund the account, you can:
- Transfer money from another Freedom Credit Union account
- Conduct an ACH from another financial institution
- Use your Mastercard, VISA, or Discover card up to $500
- Send in a check
If you have any additional questions, please call 800-821-0160.
To open an account, click here