Throughout the month of April, we invite you to participate in our annual children’s book drive to benefit area youth.
In conjunction with the Cooperative Credit Union Association, we are collecting new and gently used children’s books for distribution to several nonprofit agencies throughout the Pioneer Valley. Through Tuesday, April 30, every Freedom branch will have a collection box on site. Last year, 40 credit unions in Massachusetts collected over xx,000 books!
We encourage you to drop off your donation at any of our 11 branch locations in Springfield, Chicopee, Easthampton, Feeding Hills, Greenfield, Ludlow, Northampton, Turners Falls, West Springfield or at the branch located within the Roger L. Putnam Vocational Technical Academy in Springfield.
More than Words (and Pictures)
In a child’s hands, every book represents an opportunity. Books and reading help children:
- Prepare for school and the future
- Develop and hone their language skills and vocabulary
- Enhance their concentration and attention spans
- Develop their imagination and creativity
- Gain knowledge about a range of topics
- Learn empathy through exposure to the feelings and circumstances of others
Connect with parents while they are young and with peer groups when they are older
Please join us in celebrating the value of reading by participating in this important effort. On behalf of thousands of kids, we thank you in advance!